What are cookies?
In English, the term “cookie” means biscuit, but in the field of web browsing, a “cookie” is something completely different. When you access our website, a small amount of text called a “cookie” is stored in the browser of your device. This text contains various information about your browsing habits, preferences, content personalisation, etc… There are other technologies that work in a similar way and are also used to collect data about your browsing activity. We will call “cookies” to all these technologies as a whole. The specific uses we make of these technologies are described in this document.
What are cookies used for on this website?
What are cookies NOT used for on this website?
No sensitive personally identifiable information such as your name, address, password, etc. is stored in the cookies we use.
Who uses the information stored in cookies?
The information stored in the cookies on our website is used exclusively by us, with the exception of those identified below as ‘third-party cookies’, which are used and managed by external entities that provide us with services that improve the user experience. For example, the statistics collected on the number of visits, the most liked content, etc… are usually managed by GOOGLE ANALYTICS. Third-party cookies are also usually used to guarantee payment transactions made through the website.
To restrict, block or delete cookies from this website (and those used by third parties) you can do so, at any time, by modifying the settings of your browser. Note that this configuration is different in each browser, although it is common to find the cookie settings in the ‘Preferences’ menu ‘Tools’ ‘Options’ and then ‘Privacy and Security’ or ‘delete browsing data’, etc… For more details on the configuration of cookies in each browser, you can consult the ‘Help’ menu of the browser.
What types of cookies are used on this website?
Each website uses its own cookies. We use the cookies listed below on our website:
ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGES IT
- First-party cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are served from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies if the third party uses them for its own purposes (for example, the improvement of the services it provides or the provision of advertising services for other entities).
ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
- Technical cookies: are those necessary for browsing and the proper functioning of our website, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, managing payment, controlling fraud linked to the security of the service, making the application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of invoicing licences for the software with which the service (website, platform or application) operates, use security elements during browsing, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, text or image loading animation) or share content via social networks.
- Analysis cookies: these allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, your browsing on our website is analysed in order to improve the range of products or services that we offer.
- Preference or personalisation cookies: these are cookies that allow information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Behavioural advertising: these are those which, processed by us or by third parties, allow us to analyse your browsing habits on the Internet so that we can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
ACCORDING TO THE LENGTH OF TIME THEY REMAIN ACTIVATED
- Session cookies: are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. Cookies policy of Sotogrande Exclusive Agents S.L., They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies in which the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. In this respect, it should be specifically assessed whether the use of persistent cookies is necessary, as privacy risks could be reduced by using session cookies. In any case, when persistent cookies are set, it is recommended to reduce their temporary duration to the minimum necessary, taking into account the purpose of their use. To this end, WG29 Opinion 4/2012 indicated that for a cookie to be exempt from the duty of informed consent, its expiry must be related to its purpose. As a result, session cookies are much more likely to be exempted than persistent cookies.
Details of cookies used on this website
|Technical cookies (essential)|
|User identification||They are used to identify the user, contain technical session data, connection timeout, etc…||Session||Own|
|Navigation status||They are used to identify the user’s browsing status: first page, first access, etc…||Session||Own|
|User selections||They are used to store the values that have been selected by the user: language, currency, products, size…||Session||Own|
|Favourites and final selections||Allow to remember the user’s favourite selections or last selections.||Persistent||Own|
|Shopping basket||Stores basket information and user identification data linked to the basket||Session||Own|
|Protocols||Allow to manage domain switches between secure (http) and non-secure (https).||Session||Own|
|Purchasing device||They provide sufficient guarantees for making purchases. At no time do they include sensitive information such as credit card details.||Persistent||Third parties|
|Optimizely||The cookies identified with the domain optimizely.com, allow us to optimise the look, feel and overall browsing experience of the user. Some of the data stored for subsequent analysis are the following: number of page refreshes viewed by the user, information by visitor segment, such as the browser used. The configuration of these cookies is predetermined by the provider Optimizaly Inc. (a company based in the USA) so we suggest you visit their website for more information.||Persistent||Third parties|
|Purchasing device||They make it possible to identify the device from which purchases are made on the website for subsequent analysis. At no time do they include sensitive information such as card details.||Persistent||Third parties|
Cookies from https://sotograndexclusive.com are only used by:
- The owner of the site, Sotogrande Exclusive Agents S.L., with CIF B72258759 and registered office at Plaza de Agua Portal E-1-1. 11310 San Roque, Cádiz
- Google LLC, whose registered office is located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States.